Thursday, April 7, 2011

I think it's working I'm down 12 pounds in just 4 weeks!

The end of February, I cut out meat from my diet. That is red meat and chicken. I am still eating fish. I also eliminated bread during the week and only eat it on weekends. A special type of bread being "sprouted" and only 2 slices on Sat. and 2 on Sunday. I eliminated most dairy products including cheese. If I have yogurt, it's plain. I also eliminated all refined sugar. I only have sugar from the fruits I eat which includes lots of berries. I also don't eat tropical fruits right now since they do have a higher sugar content as well as green grapes. I am eating more green leafy vegetables in general which includes lots of spinach and brussel sprouts. I also love avocados and eat 1/2 of one with my omlettes or in a salad. I also cut down my portion size and try to eat slower and not so fast. No second helpings!!!

BREAKFAST: Monday to Friday, I eat a special concoction I prepare and received the recipe from a couple that operate an organic farm outside of Kamloops called Suede Hills Organic Farm. Check out their website which is great information.
I have a mid morning snack - usually a piece of fruit - grapefruit or apple
LUNCH: Salad of mixed greens or various beans usually chickpea, with tabouleh and a small piece of salmon or a hard boiled egg
SNACK: 10-12 almonds or a piece of fruit
DINNER: small piece of fish with various mixed vegetables. Lots of green usually spinach, green beans or squash
If not fish, then a 2 egg omlette with fresh spinach, mushrooms, chopped onion and garlic
Also usually eating hummous every day which I love!
BEDTIME: I take my 2 "Happy Pills" which are pure alphalfa pills with water

I am drinking more water; as well as my San Pellegrino sparkling which I love and I still do have 1-2 cups of coffee max. each morning with some creamo. In February, I did a PH balance test and I was off the chart. I'm in my early fifties and for me this was a wake-up call since I was a person who worked out on a regular basis for over 20 years. The last 2 years, I've had a lot of stress in my life, seperation from my husband (soon ex) and then the death of my father and then I bought a house which I totally gutted and I'm renovating still. This all happened in 1 year! My job is also stressful but I am managing it in that I joined your class!  And I love the bootcamp sessions the most!  I really feel like I have a lot more energy!

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment