Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LOW GI TREAT WITH HEALTH BENEFITS!
Most chocolate contains large quantities of saturated fat and sugar, making it quite fattening. However, chocolate with a high cocoa content (70%) delivers more chocolate satisfaction per once. So, a square or two of rich, dark, bittersweet chocolate, nibbed slowly or, better yet, dissolved in the mouth, gives you just the fix you need ( Rick Gallop - The GI Diet )

Dark Chocolate that contains at least 70% cocoa mass "supplies the body with important amounts of polyphenols that are potentially capable of exercising beneficial effects on some chronic illnesses, including cancer and cardiovascular diseases" ( Foods to Fight Cancer, Richard Beliveau,PhD and Denis Gingras,PhD )

Chocolate stimulates the release of endorphins, natural hormones produced by the brain, that generates feelings of pleasure and promotes a sense of well being. One of the ingredients in chocolate is tryptophan, an essential amino acid needed by the brain to produce serotonin. Serotonin is a mood-modulating neurotransmitter that can give rise to feelings of happiness ( The Effects of Nutrients on Mood - Benton D, Donohoe RT )

Cocoa Camino, a Canadian company, brings to us a fair trade,certified organic and kosher, bittersweet treat. This Panamanian, smooth, intense dark chocolate contains a minimum of 85% cocoa. For more information about this wonderful tasting chocolate visit  http://www.cocoacamino.com/

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that ever since I've been using 85% chocolate as my only treat I have lost those last stubborn 5 lbs....I can't believe it. It took me awhile to work my way up to 85% because at first it was way too bitter...now I find anything less too sweet and only a little is plenty so it takes me a whole day to eat one bar.

    Michelle B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle...I really enjoyed the "disco" aerobics class, it was high energy and lots of fun! Fun music too!

    ReplyDelete